As most people say, “You are what you eat,” but how many of us take this common phrase seriously and use it as a motivator to eat healthier? Even though it may not be easy, taking the time and dedication to invest in your diet reaps numerous health benefits. Here are some reasons why you should continuously work toward integrating more nutrient-filled foods into your daily meals:
1. Your mood will improve:
Sustaining a steady blood sugar level throughout the day will enhance your overall mood because eating regular and nutritious meals will supply your body with the necessary energy to power through your busy day. Try to incorporate foods rich in omega-3 fats such as fish or nuts. These foods rich in nutrients, vitamins, and omega-3 fats have been correlated with a lower risk for depression.
2. Your productivity rates will increase
Eating a well-balanced diet will help you stay productive and focused longer. In 2012, the Population Health Management concluded that consistently eating unhealthily will put you at a 66% increased risk for productivity loss.
3. Your workouts will be fueled better
Eating a balanced diet can help you power through your intense workouts. Eating foods that are rich in fiber such as whole grains will help your body get the most out of your workout routine. Try eating brown rice and wheat bread because those foods are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
Tips for Developing Healthier Eating Habits:
1. Diminish cravings and feel more satisfied after each meal by staying hydrated.
2. Don’t skip a meal and eat consistently around the same time every day.
3. Find healthy alternatives to your favorite snacks.
4. Regularly workout and integrate physical exercise into your weekly routine to boost your overall wellness.
5. Don’t skip breakfast!
6. Eat the proper number of calories for the amount of exercise you do.
7. Reduce eating foods and drinks that are high in sugar.